Sweetgreen, Inc. Rewards Program Agreement
Effective as of July 12, 2018
- Membership. The Sweetgreen Rewards Program (the “Program”) is offered by Sweetgreen Inc. (“Sweetgreen,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) to eligible individuals who enroll in the Program (“Members,” “you,” or “your”). To earn Rewards (as defined below) and receive Level Benefits (as defined below), you must have a mobile device that is compatible with Sweetgreen’s mobile application (“App”). Sweetgreen does not warrant that the App will be compatible with your mobile device.
Individuals who are 18 years or older and residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia may enroll to become Members. For the avoidance of doubt, only natural persons transacting in their personal capacity and for their own account are eligible to participate in the Program; third party aggregators, groups, organizations, and business entities are not eligible to become Members or earn Rewards or Level Benefits.
Individuals who were members (“Legacy Members”) of the Sweetgreen rewards program in effect prior to July 12, 2018 (“Legacy Program”) are automatically enrolled into the Program and by claiming or using any Rewards or Level Benefits agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you would like to become a new Member, you must enroll in the Program by (a) downloading and installing the App into your mobile device, (b) registering for the Program through the App by submitting the requested information, and (c) accepting this Agreement pursuant to one of the methods set forth in the introductory paragraph above. Sweetgreen reserves the right to delay enrollment until your membership eligibility is confirmed.
Your membership is non-transferable and you may only have one (1) membership at a time. If we discover that you have multiple memberships in the Program, you will be deemed to be in violation of this Agreement and we reserve the right to terminate all such accounts in accordance with Section 6.
- Qualifying Orders and Spend. Subject to the exclusions, terms, and conditions listed in this Section 2 and Section 3, once enrolled in the Program, if you place a Sweetgreen order for food and/or beverages through the App or Sweetgreen’s website while logged into your Sweetgreen account created through the App (“Qualifying Order”), you will earn Rewards and Level Benefits based on the U.S. dollar amount that you pay for such order at Sweetgreen, excluding tax, tips, donations, discounts, delivery fees, purchases made with a Reward or Level Benefit, or other promotional credit or forms of Sweetgreen-provided compensation (“Qualifying Spend”). Purchases of merchandise and any other non-food or beverage products or services offered by Sweetgreen do not count as Qualifying Spend.
Qualifying Orders that you place for delivery will generate a maximum Qualifying Spend of $25 per order.
Orders made through third party food delivery platforms (e.g. Doordash, GrubHub, UberEats, Postmates, etc.) are not Qualifying Orders and will not generate Qualifying Spend or count towards Rewards or Level Benefits.
Orders placed by or on behalf of third party aggregators, groups, organizations, and business entities will not generate Qualifying Spend or count towards Rewards or Level Benefits. Sweetgreen reserves the right to delay, suspend, recalculate, reduce or revoke any Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status achievements, or Level Benefits that Sweetgreen suspects are connected with such orders.
All purchases made through a Member’s account will be treated as activity of the Member, regardless of any other name listed on the order (e.g. different name on the method of payment, delivery recipient, etc.).
Your Qualifying Spend is non-transferable and cannot be combined with the Qualifying Spend of other Members.
Purchases made before becoming a Member will not be counted as Qualifying Spend; provided however, Legacy Members will receive a one-time Qualifying Spend up to $99 for purchases made prior to July 12, 2018 which have not previously been used to earn an issued Reward.
Purchases of gift cards will not generate Qualifying Spend. However, Qualifying Orders paid for by Members using a non-promotional gift card will be eligible for Qualifying Spend provided that the gift card is linked to the Member’s account. To link your gift card to your account, you must load the gift card as a form of payment in the App while you are signed into your account.
The portion of any purchases made through the redemption of Rewards and Level Benefits will not generate Qualifying Spend.
The calculation of Qualifying Spend is also subject to the terms and conditions set forth in Section 6.
- Rewards. Once we record $99 of Qualifying Spend for your account, a $9 reward (“Reward”) will be issued and credited to your account. Unless otherwise specified, Rewards expire 120 days after the date of issue.
The $99 of Qualifying Spend must be made within a 120-day period beginning on the date you make your first Qualifying Order (“Reward Earning Period”). After 120 days, if you have not made enough Qualifying Spend to earn a Reward, for the purposes of earning a Reward, all Qualifying Spend will be deleted from your account and the Reward Earning Period will restart. If within 120 days you have made enough Qualifying Spend to earn a Reward, Sweetgreen will issue your Reward, any Qualifying Spend you have made in excess of $99 will be credited towards the next Reward Earning Period, and the Reward Earning Period will restart beginning on the date that your Reward was issued.
Legacy Members who hold unredeemed Rewards earned through the Legacy Program prior to July 12, 2018] will be able to redeem such Rewards under the terms of this Program, except that such Rewards must be redeemed no later than the earlier of (i) the expiration date appearing on the credit in your account or (ii) 365 days after the date on which they were originally issued, after which they will expire.
Rewards are also subject to the terms and conditions set forth in Section 6.
- Membership Levels. There are four levels of membership – Welcome level, Green level, Gold level, and Black level (“Level Status”).
When you become a Member, you are automatically enrolled at the Welcome level. The following table sets forth the cumulative amount of Qualifying Spend you must make in order to achieve a Level Status:
|Welcome||$0 – $99.99|
|Green||$100 – $999.99|
|Gold||$1,000 – $2,499.99|
You will increase your Level Status based on all Qualifying Orders you have made within the last 365 days from the then-current date. Once you achieve a Level Status, you will not decrease in Level Status for 365 days (but you may still increase your Level Status at any time by making additional Qualifying Orders). On the day after your most recent Level Status achievement expires, your Level Status will be recalculated based on your Qualifying Orders within the preceding 365 days.
For illustration, if you enroll in the Program on December 1, 2018, make $100 of Qualifying Spend by February 1, 2019, make $900 of Qualifying Spend on May 1, 2019, and make $100 of Qualifying Spend on July 2, 2019, and spend no more afterwards, you will have achieved the following Level Status on the following dates:
|Date||Total Qualifying Spend in the Last 365 Days||Level Status||Reason|
|Feb 1, 2019||$100 from Feb 1, 2019||Green||$100 of Qualifying Spend in last 365 days|
|May 1, 2019||$1,000 from Feb 1, 2019 and May 1, 2019||Gold||$1,000 of Qualifying Spend in last 365 days. You will have Gold status for the next 365 days until April 30, 2020|
|May 1, 2020||$100 from July 2, 2019||Green||$100 of Qualifying Spend in last 365 days. You will have Green status for the next 365 days until May 1, 2021|
|May 2, 2021||$0||Welcome||You have $0 in Qualifying Spend in the last 365 days|
From time to time, Sweetgreen may elect, at its sole discretion, to confer Green, Gold or Black Level Status upon some Members based on criteria other than the Qualifying Spend levels described in this section.
We will notify you when your Level Status changes or you are selected for a new Level Status.
- Membership Level Benefits. Each Level Status includes certain benefits as set forth below (“Level Benefits”), which may be changed by Sweetgreen at any time in its sole discretion.
|Welcome||● Access to promotions|
|Green||● Welcome Level Benefits +
● $10 birthday credit
|Gold||● Green Level Benefits +
● Access to invitation-only events
● Access to Sweetgreen concierge service
|Black||● Gold Level Benefits +
● Access to VIP Sweetgreen concierge service
● Exclusive swag bag (approximate retail value $45)
● Exclusive in-restaurant experience for you and up to 10 friends
Level Benefits are subject to the following terms and conditions as well as those set forth in Section 6:
- $10 Birthday Credit: On or around your birthday, we will record a $10 birthday credit in account that you can redeem at any Sweetgreen location for food and beverages of your choice, up to $10 in value. You must redeem your birthday credit within thirty (30) days of the date the promotion was issued. Birthday credit will only be issued in years when you have achieved Green, Gold, or Black Level Status at least 14 days prior to your birthday.
- Sweetgreen Events: The time and locations of Sweetgreen’s invitation-only events are determined in the sole discretion of Sweetgreen. Sweetgreen does not guarantee an event will be organized in your area.
- Sweetgreen Concierge Service: Sweetgreen’s concierge service provides you with access to a Sweetgreen customer service representative to assist you with any requests you may have in connection with Sweetgreen’s products and services. Upon obtaining Black Level Status, you will receive access to Sweetgreen’s VIP concierge service which will respond to you in priority to other users of the concierge service.
- Swag Bag: Swag bag items may vary from time to time and will be selected at the sole discretion of Sweetgreen. The approximate retail value of the swag bag is $45. The swag bag items carry no warranty other than that offered by the manufacturer. Sweetgreen has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any swag bag item, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical conditions, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In-Restaurant Experience: You may elect to either have a $150 credit issued to your Sweetgreen account for your future use or receive up to $150 of free food and beverages at a Sweetgreen location for you and ten (10) of your friends. The in-restaurant experience must be reserved and confirmed by Sweetgreen at least 2 weeks in advance, is only available during Sweetgreen’s regular business hours, and is subject to availability. You must use your in-store experience or $150 credit while your Level Status is Black and your credit or in-store experience benefit will expire 365 days after it is earned. Black Status members cannot earn more than one $150 credit or in-restaurant experience benefit in any 365 day period.
- Additional Terms. Rewards and Level Benefit credits can only be redeemed for orders placed with Sweetgreen through the App or Sweetgreen’s website while logged into your Sweetgreen account created through the App. Rewards and Level Benefit credits cannot be redeemed through any third party platforms. Rewards and Level Benefit credits may only be used to pay for Sweetgreen food and/or beverage items and cannot be used to pay for merchandise, tips, gift certificates, or delivery fees.
If you are using App version 2.4.16 or earlier, Rewards and Level Benefit credits will be automatically redeemed during checkout. If you would prefer to choose whether to use Rewards and Level Benefit credits in particular transactions and accumulate multiple awards, install App version 2.4.17 or later.
If you are on App version 2.4.17 or later, you must affirmatively apply Rewards and Level Benefit credits in the App to your transaction during checkout. If you elect not to apply Rewards and Level Benefit credits in a particular transaction when using these App versions, no Rewards or Level Benefit credits will be used in you order and they will remain in your account until they are used or they expire. Multiple Rewards and Level Benefit credits can be redeemed in a single transaction. If you have multiple Rewards and Level Benefit credits, you will not be able to select the Reward or Level Benefit credits you want to use. Rewards and Level Benefit credits will be redeemed in an order selected by Sweetgreen in its sole discretion, as further described in Section 7.
Sweetgreen reserves the right to restrict the use of Rewards and Level Benefit credits in combination with other discounts and promotions.
The Reward and Level Benefit credit amount redeemed may not exceed the amount of the order purchase price. If a full Reward or Level Benefit credit is not used when redeemed, the remaining balance will be available for use in a future order, subject to the expiration periods described herein. Once fully redeemed, the Reward or Level Benefit credit will be recorded as a redeemed Reward or Level Benefit credit in your Sweetgreen account. Reward and Level Benefit credit status information is available in your Sweetgreen account. Rewards and Level Benefit credits cannot be applied to prior purchases. Redeemed Rewards and Level Benefit credits are non-refundable and under no circumstances are Rewards or Level Benefit credits redeemable for cash or cash-equivalents.
Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefits are automatically tracked and allocated to each Member’s account by Sweetgreen or our service providers and our decisions and records regarding such calculations and benefits will be final and binding in all respects. Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefits are subject to verification. Any Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefit that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sweetgreen is subject to adjustment, cancellation or disqualification at our sole discretion.
Sweetgreen will not be liable for the failure of any Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, or Level Benefits to be accurately credited or awarded for any reason, including, but not limited to, (i) any failure of the App; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to any network, computer system, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; and/or (iii) any combination of the foregoing. Sweetgreen does not issue retroactive Qualifying Spend for any reason (e.g. if you forget your mobile device or forget to login to your account or use the App when ordering, you will not earn Qualifying Spend for your order).
Rewards and Level Benefits are promotional in nature and have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash or any cash equivalent under any circumstances. Rewards and Level Benefits have no value outside of this Program.
Rewards and Level Benefits cannot be assigned, exchanged, sold, traded, bartered, purchased, given by gift or otherwise transferred. Any Rewards and Level Benefits so acquired are void. Rewards cannot be redeemed for gift cards, cash, or gift certificates. The accumulation of Rewards or any Level Benefits does not entitle the Member to any vested rights, and Sweetgreen does not guarantee in any way the continued availability of any Reward, Level Status or Level Benefit.
Rewards and Level Benefits credits ordinarily expire at or about the same time of day on their respective expiration dates as the time of day when they were issued to your account. Sweetgreen’s designated computer clock is the official timekeeping device for all expirations.
Please allow up to three (3) business days for Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefits to update in your account. If more than three (3) business days have passed, please contact us under the Submit Feedback section in the iOS App, the Customer Support section in the Android App, or by contacting your local Sweetgreen.
Sweetgreen reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to (i) suspend or terminate a Member’s account at any time for any reason or (ii) invalidate any Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefit we deem to have been awarded in error, or as the result of the use of an account to make orders by or on behalf of a third party aggregator, group, organization, or business entity or any actual or suspected fraudulent or dishonest activity (including without limitation, the use of any system, macro, script, or bot to manipulate the Program). Reasons for account suspension or termination or benefit invalidation may include, without limitation, disorderly personal conduct at a Sweetgreen event which actually or potentially harms any Sweetgreen Parties or any third party, violations of law, or any other activity not in keeping with the letter and/or spirit of this Agreement, as interpreted by us in our sole and absolute discretion. If your account has been suspended or terminated, you forfeit any accumulated Qualifying Spend, Rewards, Level Status, and Level Benefits and are prohibited from registering for a new account without the prior written permission of Sweetgreen.
Sweetgreen is not liable for Rewards or Level Benefits sent to suspended, or terminated accounts.
- Redemption Order of Priority. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine the order in which Rewards and Level Benefit credits are applied to transactions and their priority to promotional codes, gift cards, or other payment credits that are associated with your account. We cannot guarantee that the Rewards or credits with the earliest expiration dates will be given priority in all transactions and you agree to monitor your account regularly to verify the status of your Rewards and Level Benefit credits.
- E-mail Communications. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive e-mail communications from Sweetgreen regarding the Program, including without limitation, communications regarding your Qualifying Spend, Rewards, and membership level status; incentives; promotions and events; new products; Reward expiration notifications; and commercial messages which may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from Sweetgreen’s commercial e-mail list, use the unsubscribe link in any commercial e-mail message you receive. If you request to unsubscribe, you may still receive administrative e-mails from time to time regarding your account and updates to this Agreement.
- Program Termination/Modification. Sweetgreen may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice, which may result in loss of accumulated Qualifying Spend and the cancellation of all Rewards and other benefits and privileges associated with the Program. Sweetgreen reserves the right to modify any of the rules, terms, conditions, and benefits of the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice. Interpretation of this Agreement shall be at the sole discretion of Sweetgreen, whose decision will be final.
- Change to Your Account Information. You must advise Sweetgreen of any change in your name or the address, phone number and/or email address associated with your account. Name, address, email and phone number changes can be made via the App or by contacting LevelUp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sweetgreen is not liable for Rewards or Level Benefits sent to outdated contact information.