April 29, 2011
1. Get There Early – There’s tons of great bands you won’t want to miss. You can find out the set times for all the bands on our blog post. (schedule subject to change)
2. Don’t Get Lost – Directions for how to get to Merriweather are on their website.
3. Random Acts of Sweetness – Our “green team” will be around the festival giving out bracelets to those living the sweetlife. So make sure to pick up your trash, recycle and be good to everyone around you. If you are lucky enough to get one of these wristbands, you can wear it into any sweetgreen store on Tuesday, May 3rd to get a free salad!
4. Get Social, Be Appy – We have lots of cool social media activities for you to stay connected with everyone at the festival. Take part in our iSpy contest by downloading the Color app, submit photos with Hipstamatic and stay in touch with people at the festival by using Fast Society.
5. Merriweather 411 – Parking lots open at 10 am and gates at noon. Rules include no alcohol, grills and glass containers in the parking areas. There are no lawn chairs or outside bottles permitted in the venue and you are not permitted to park at the nearby mall. There is NO Re-Entry and you can find out more details about Merriweather’s rules HERE.
6. A Food Revolution – We’re excited to have partnered with Jamie Oliver Foundation & DC Farm to School for this event and a portion of proceeds will be donated to both organizations.
7. Sweet and Green – We’re all about being eco-friendly, and our festival will be no different. The event is carbon neutral, has eco-friendly transportation, bio-diesel generators and solar panels to help power the event.
8. Stuck at Home? – We’re bummed you won’t be able to join us. But you can still follow along by watching a live stream on Sweetlifefestival.com or Rolling Stone.
9. The End Has No End – We’ll be throwing an official after-party at U Street Music Hall (with free admission!) featuring guest DJ sets from some of the Sweetlife bands.